Employers Web Based Service Password Help
To Obtain or Change a Password for eServices
- If you have never had a password
- You will need to obtain authorization to access eServices. To obtain authorization, the main retirement contact for your organization must contact Employer Support Services (ESS). If you do not know who the main contact person is, contact ESS.
- If you forget your password, or the system will not accept it
- Contact Employer Support Services for assistance. If you are an authorized user, we will issue you a new password, usually via email, and you may begin using the new password immediately. Your User ID will remain the same.
- If your password is expiring
- Your password will expire after approximately four months and must be changed. When you log on with an expired password, you will see a Change Password screen where you must enter your old password (for verification) then enter a new password two times. Your password must conform to specific requirements in order to be valid. Once your password is changed you will have access to eServices again. Your user ID will not change. If you have forgotten your old password, contact ESS.
Passwords saved in the browser
When you enter a new password and are asked, "Do you want the computer to remember your password," enter no. This will enable you to change your password at a later date. It is also a security risk to store your password on your computer. Another user could logon to the application with only your user ID and obtain data. If you answered yes you will need to clear your old password before entering a new one. To clear your prior password, select the following options on your browser menu:
- Internet Options
- Content (Tab)
- Auto Complete (Button)
- Clear Password (Button)
- Privacy and Security (If no subcategories are visible, double-click the category to expand the list)
- Deselect remember passwords
Once you have cleared your old password, go back to the eServices logon screen. Logon and select the change password button.
- Must be between 8 and 15 characters in length
- Must contain at least one special character (any symbol on your keyboard except the asterisk and the comma may be used)
- Must contain at least one of the following combinations:
- an upper case letter and a lower case letter, or
- an upper case letter and a number, or
- a lower case letter and a number
- Should not include your User ID or any part of your name
If you are still having trouble with your password contact ESS.