Plan Choice: January Transfer Option for PERS, SERS and TRS Members
What you need to know
- Some Plan 2 members can transfer to Plan 3 during the open enrollment period each January. Members who entered eligible employment in PERS, SERS or TRS before Plan 3 was created (and after Plan 1 was closed to new PERS and TRS members) were automatically enrolled in Plan 2. These members received an initial transfer window when Plan 3 was created. Eligible Plan 2 members who did not transfer can make a permanent transfer to Plan 3 during the annual January Transfer Opportunity.
- Refer eligible members who have questions to Plan 3 January Transfer Opportunity.
- The member must submit the Member Transfer Form to you by Jan. 31 for the transfer to be valid.
- The employer must report the transfer in the January or February retirement transmittal reporting period.
- There are special transmittal reporting requirements. See Chapter 8: The Reporting Process—January Transfer Option.