PSERS Plan Definition
PSERS Plan 2
is for employees who established membership on or after July 1, 2006, or on or after
July 22, 2007, if you're hired by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR),
are employed on a full-time basis and meet at least one of the PSERS eligibility
To be eligible for PSERS, you must work on a full-time basis and:
- Have completed a certified criminal justice training course with authority to arrest,
conduct criminal investigations, enforce the criminal laws of Washington, and carry
a firearm as part of the job; or
- Have primary responsibility to ensure the custody and security of incarcerated or
probationary individuals; or
- Function as a limited authority Washington peace officer, as defined in RCW 10.93.020;
- Have primary responsibility to supervise eligible members who meet the above criteria.
PSERS members are employed by:
- Washington State agencies –
- Department of Corrections;
- Parks and Recreation Commission;
- Gambling Commission;
- Washington State Patrol;
- Liquor Control Board; and
- Department of Natural Resources.
- Washington State counties
- Washington State cities, except for Seattle, Tacoma and Spokane.