DRS Email 11-017, ESHB 1981, System Choice between...
- Notice No.: 11-017
- Date: June 27, 2011
- Applies to: Higher Education Employers
- Subject: DRS Email 11-017, ESHB 1981, System Choice between PERS/TRS Plan 3 and HERP
Effective July 1, 2011, new employees hired into a HERP eligible position now have a choice between enrolling in the HERP or PERS/TRS Plan 3.
- New employees have 30 days to choose between the HERP and Plan 3
- Please provide the attached Plan 3 Facts at a Glance to these employees
- If no choice is made within 30 days, the employer will default the employee to the HERP
- If employee chooses Plan 3, have them complete the attached HIGHER EDUCATION EMPLOYEES PLAN INVESTMENT PROGRAM FORM
- This is a tool for you to gather the reporting information you will need
- Employer keeps this form – Do NOT forward to DRS
- Report employee on the DRS retirement transmittal
- 3C and Date choice was made
- Member contributions, investment program, rate option
- Compensation, hours, employer contributions
Should you have questions, please reply to this notice or call Employer Support Services at 360-664-7200 (option 2) or 1-800-547-6657 (option 6 then option 2).