We are working to resolve intermittent issues with online account access. If your log in is unsuccessful, please try again shortly.
Or contact us for assistance with your retirement information.

Former Members

The money in your account continues to work for you, even if you do not return to an eligible public service position. Interest on your contributions accumulates regularly, at the same rate active members earn.

You may leave your contributions in your account until you reach minimum distribution age, described below. Not only will the money earn interest, but your service credit is then also preserved. You may withdraw your contributions, if you wish, but be sure to talk with your tax advisor before making a final decision.

Search inactive accounts

You may have funds available to you. Search now.

Review your account online

To view the status of your account, sign up for Online Account Access. Registration is easy, fast and secure.

Notify DRS of an address change

Be sure to let us know if you change your address. Just download and complete a Name/Address Change form and send it to us or call 360-664-7000. If you’re outside the Olympia area, call us toll free at 800-547-6657.

Keep your beneficiary information up to date

If you need to make a change, download and complete a new Beneficiary Designation form and send it to us.

Withdraw your Funds

Are you a Plan 1 or 2 member who needs to withdraw their contributions? Please complete the Withdrawal of Retirement Contributions form and send it to us.

Contact DRS if you’re approaching minimum distribution age

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires that you begin receiving money from your account by April 1 following the year you reach age 70 1/2. If you do not, the IRS will apply a 50-percent tax to the amount you should have received.

You are welcome to complete the Withdrawal of Retirement Contributions form, if you are a Plan 1 or 2 member. Plan 3 members, to withdraw your defined contribution funds (your contributions), complete a Plan 3 Withdrawal Form.

Please contact us in the year you turn 70 so we can process the distribution from your account in time to meet the deadline.

A similar tax applies to money that should have been distributed to beneficiaries of deceased plan members. Please contact us if you are aware of the death of a former plan member.


We’re always available to answer your questions. Contact DRS by phone, mail or email.

Updating Your Address and/or Name

Retirees, inactive members, beneficiaries and legal-order payees: You can update your address from your online retirement account. Just select “Address” from the welcome screen. If you need to update your name, fill out and send in a printed form as well as a copy of documentation showing the change.

Active members: Update your name and/or address through your employer. That new information will soon appear in your online retirement account.

Direct Deposit

Set up and manage direct deposit of your benefit payments from your online retirement account. Just follow the “Direct Deposit” directions under “My Account” in the navigation menu.

(If you prefer to fill out and mail in a printed form, select this link.)

Beneficiary Designation

Members, you can update your beneficiary information from your online retirement account. Select “My Account” in the navigation menu and then “View/Edit” beside “Beneficiary.”

(If you prefer to fill out and mail in a printed form, select this link.)