The Department of Retirement Systems will have reduced customer service availability beginning in late June due to mandatory furloughs of team members and high seasonal volumes of retirement processing.
- DRS will be closed on the following dates: July 2, 3, 10, 17 and 24, 2020.
- Beginning June 29, DRS will be available for customer service questions via phone calls and emails on Mondays only through the week of July 20, 2020. Customers are encouraged to contact DRS only for pressing retirement issues.
- Due to COVID-19, DRS remains closed to in-person customer visits and onsite services.
- Online services are still available. As always, customers can apply for retirement online.
- While most DRS team members are now working remotely, we continue to process retirement applications and benefit payments per the usual schedule.
- DRS has suspended in-person retirement planning workshops scheduled around the state and replaced them with live online Nearing Retirement Seminars. We also continue to offer a series of live webinars covering a variety of retirement-related topics.
For additional information and resources related to the pandemic, see DRS’ Response to COVID-19.