Retirement security challenge week 3
We offer webinars for a wide-range of interest and plans. They cover specific topics including Investment Basics, Medicare, Getting Ready for Retirement, and the Deferred Compensation Program. You may see multiple dates listed for the classes, however, each class will present the same information.
Challenge 3: Mark your calendar to attend a free webinar.
Take the 5-minute challenge:
Mark your calendar to attend one of our free webinars.
- Browse the list of webinar topics.
- Find one that applies to your retirement goals.
- Mark your personal calendar with the date and time of the webinar.
No registration needed. To join a webinar, simply select “Join” next to the date of the webinar 10 to 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
What to expect:
Webinars consist of a 30-minute presentation followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer session. However, some webinars run do run longer, so we recommend you choose a time when you’ll have 60 minutes available.
Make a note of a few questions you would like to ask during the Q&A time. The benefit of attending a live webinar is to get your specific questions answered.
Several of the webinars have a pre-recorded version available that you can watch at any time. From the webinar page, find the webinar you would like to watch. Click the link “View a recorded version of this webinar”. This will take you to a pre-recorded video hosted on our Vimeo page.
National Retirement Security Month
It’s National Retirement Security Month. This October, we’re encouraging our 335,000 active members to join a weekly challenge to set you up for a secure retirement. Each week, we’ll be focusing on quick financial wellness resources.
- Week 1 challenge: Sign up for an online account. The easiest way to see what’s going on with your retirement account is to view it online.
- Week 2 challenge: Use the new DCP calculator and consider increasing your contribution. The DCP calculator is a great way to see how your investment will grow overtime.
- Week 3 challenge: Mark your calendar to attend a free webinar. You can attend a live webinar to get all your questions answered and there’s no registration needed.
- Week 4 challenge: Estimate your retirement benefit. You can use the Benefit Estimator tool to get an idea of your monthly retirement income.
Sign up for DRS news updates to receive the weekly challenges in your inbox.