DRS’ response to COVID-19
Here are the latest COVID-19 impacts to DRS availability:
- As of June 30, 2021, state agencies have begun plans for reopening. DRS remains closed to in-person customer visits and onsite services at this time. Check back on this website for reopening information as it becomes available.
- Due to COVID-19, DRS remains closed to in-person customer visits and onsite services.
- Online services are still available. As always, customers can apply for retirement online.
- While most DRS team members are now working remotely, we continue to process retirement applications and benefit payments per the usual schedule.
- DRS has suspended in-person Nearing Retirement Seminars scheduled around the state and replaced them with live online webinars covering the same topics.
- DRS is conducting all job interviews and skills assessments online.
- DRS continues to monitor and promote health and safety for its team members, who are regularly updated on COVID-19 developments and best practices for slowing the spread of germs.