Frequently Asked Questions

Quick resources

Online account (log in trouble or questions)

Health care (PEBB or SEBB)

Social Security

2022 COLA

See the 2022 percentages

Return to work hours

New retiree return to work rules: Some retirees can now work up to 1,040 hours and continue receiving benefits. Read more.


Where is my 1099-R?

Tax statements are available to retirees online. You’ll also receive a paper copy in the mail. More IRS resources.

How do I retire with DRS?

  1. Request an official benefit estimate from DRS through your online account or by contacting us. The official benefit estimate from DRS takes about 6 to 8 weeks and is not the same as the benefit estimator tool available to all online accounts.
  2. Once you receive your estimate, complete a retirement application online or request a paper form.

More retirement information.

How do I update my information?

Make most information updates through your online account. You can also log in to confirm your information is correct.

  • Name change: If you are employed, make this change through your employer—they will update DRS. If you are separated, update your name by completing this form.
  • Beneficiary update: Update your beneficiaries through your online account. If you are already retired, there may be limits to how you can update your beneficiary or survivor.
  • Direct deposit: Complete this change online or using this mailed form. DCP or Plan 3 investment accounts can make changes through online investment accounts or by using this mailed form. If you need to stop payment to a bank account due to fraud, contact DRS as soon as possible. More DRS forms.

How do I get a pension verification letter?

See the steps to get your letter instantly through your online account. You can download this letter any time after you receive your first pension payment.

What can you tell me about these deductions?

Health care: Contact your retiree health care provider for questions about health care deductions. This amount is not determined by DRS.

Combined Fund Drive (CFD) donations:  CFD policy automatically continues any recurring payroll contributions current state employees may have into their retirement. Update your selections through CFD.

Other deductions: If you have deductions from other organizations, such as RPEC, you will need to contact these organizations to change or remove the deductions.

More information

  1. Be sure to check your plan page for information.
  2. Try the search box at the top of the page.
  3. Find more popular topics covered in the DRS sitemap.
  4. View the DRS glossary for commonly mixed up terms.
  5. Not finding what you need? Contact us.

Back to Top