DRS Advisory Committee
The committee’s mission is to facilitate the sharing of information between DRS and the associations and organizations representing active and retired members of the public pension plans administered by DRS.
The objectives of the DRS Retirement Advisory Committee are to:
- Identify and communicate client service issues to the Director
- Communicate association and organization legislative initiatives to the Director
- Share information provided by the Director with constituents
- Develop and recommend ways to improve communication between DRS and active and retired members
The Director of the Department of Retirement Systems established the DRS Retirement Advisory Committee as an administrative committee in July 1996 after the State Retirement Advisory Committee was eliminated by statute.
Nominated by Washington state member or retiree organizations, committee members are appointed by the DRS Director and serve for a minimum three-year term.
DRS Advisory Committee – Current Board Members
Representing PERS Active Members
Andrea Lee, Washington Public Employees Association
Representing PERS Retirees
Bev Hermanson, Retired Public Employees Council of Washington
Representing TRS Active Members
Darrell Heisler, Washington School Personnel Association
Representing TRS Retirees
Nancy Baldwin (Committee Chair), Washington Education Association
Representing SERS Active Members
Jacque Meddles, Public School Employees of Washington
Representing SERS Retirees
Cheri Ingersoll, Washington State School Retirees’ Association
Representing PSERS Active Members
William Copland, Washington Federation of State Employees
Representing LEOFF Active Members
Chief Scott Bieber, WA Association of Sheriff and Police Chiefs
Representing LEOFF Retirees
Richard Warbrouck, Retired Firefighters of Washington
Representing Washington State Patrol Active Members
Captain Jason Ashley, Washington State Patrol
Representing Washington State Patrol Retirees
Rick Jensen, Washington State Patrol
Representing Judicial Active Members
Judge Julie Spector, Superior Court Judges Association
Representing DCP Participants
David Nowotny, Public School Employees of Washington, Deferred Compensation Program participant
Representing Experience in Defined Contribution Plan Administration
Deirdre Walker, Weyerhaeuser
The DRS Advisory Committee held a virtual meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 10, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
- Agenda for Nov. 10, 2021 meeting.
- DRS Advisory Committee Meeting – Includes Director’s Update, Budget Update, Website Redesign and DRS Projects Update
- Investment Performance Update
- OSA Update
The DRS Advisory Committee held a virtual meeting on Thursday, Apr. 8, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
- DRS Advisory Committee Meeting – Includes CEM Benchmarking Report, Budget Update, DCP Automatic Enrollment Update and Pension Legislation Summary
- Investment Performance
- Sustainability and Integration of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Considerations in Plans 3/DCP/JRA Investment Options Director’s Update
For information about the DRS Advisory Committee, call 360-664-7312 or write to DRS, Attention: Advisory Committee, PO Box 48380, Olympia, WA 98504-8380.