Nearing Retirement Seminars
Are you planning to retire in the next few years?
DRS Nearing Retirement Seminars provide information you need as you approach retirement. 2021 seminars are available online.
Nearing Retirement Seminar schedule
Per guidance from local health and government officials, these half-day sessions are currently available as live online webinars. Be sure to review how to Join a DRS Webinar and join 15 minutes before the session starts. For login or audio assistance, call 360-664-7930.
Subscribe to this page to be notified when we add new seminars.
- 9:00 am – Getting Ready for Retirement
- 10:00 am – Break
- 10:15 am – Applying for Retirement
- 10:45 am – Break
- 11:00 am – Social Security
- 11:30 am – Break
- 11:45 am – Health Care
- 12:45 pm – Break
- 1:00 pm – VEBA
- 1:30 pm – Program Ends
Join the live seminars here:
|Friday, Oct. 8, 2021 at 9 am||Join|
|Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021 at 9 am||Join|
|Friday, Nov. 5, 2021 at 9 am||Join|
|Saturday, Nov. 20, 2021 at 9 am||Join|
|Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021 at 9 am||Join|
If you haven’t checked out these resources, now is the time:
- View the Retirement Planning Checklist
- Sign up for online account access
- Visit the Nearing Retirement page
We also encourage you to review these materials:
- VEBA information sheet
- PEBB video
- Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
- Social Security: Online Services
- Social Security: Deciding When to Start Retirement Benefits
See all available webinars and join here. Live webinar schedule
Unable to attend a live seminar? View closed-captioned seminar videos online.