Nearing Retirement Seminars
Planning to retire in the next few years? DRS Nearing Retirement Seminars provide information you need as you approach retirement. These seminars are available online.
These half-day sessions are currently available as live online webinars. Be sure to review how to Join a DRS Webinar and join 15 minutes before the session starts. For login or audio assistance, call 360-664-7930.
Subscribe to be notified when we add new seminars.
- 9:00 am – Getting Ready for Retirement
- 10:00 am – Break
- 10:15 am – Applying for Retirement
- 10:45 am – Break
- 11:00 am – Social Security
- 11:30 am – Break
- 11:45 am – Health Care
- 12:45 pm – Break
- 1:00 pm – VEBA
- 1:30 pm – Program Ends
If you haven’t checked out these resources, now is the time:
- View the Retirement Planning Checklist
- Sign up for online account access
- Visit the Nearing Retirement page
We also encourage you to review these materials:
- VEBA information sheet
- PEBB and retiree health care webinars
- Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
- Social Security: Online Services
- Social Security: Deciding When to Start Retirement Benefits
See all available webinars and join here. Live webinar schedule
Unable to attend a live seminar? View these recorded seminar videos.