Nearing Retirement Seminars
Subscribe to be notified when we add new seminars.
Planning to retire in the next few years? DRS Seminars provide you with the information you need to know as you approach retirement. The seminars run from 9:00 am – 1:30 pm and are available online and in-person. The half-day format allows you time to understand the retirement process.
Before attending a seminar you should:
- Sign up for online account access.
- Review how to join a webinar and join 5 minutes before the session starts. For log in or audio assistance, call 360-664-7930.
Nearing Retirement Seminar
Getting ready for retirement can be a little intimidating. There are forms you’ll need to fill out as well as some financial decisions to make.
This seminar walks you through the specific steps you need to take for retirement such as: how to request an official estimate, how to restore or purchase service credit and how to increase your retirement income with annuity options. There will also be time to discuss Social Security and health care.
- 9:00 am – Getting ready for retirement
- 10:00 am – Break
- 10:15 am – Applying for retirement
- 10:45 am – Break
- 11:00 am – Social Security
- 11:30 am – Break
- 11:45 am – Health care
- 12:45 pm – Break
- 1:00 pm – VEBA
- 1:30 pm – Program ends
We encourage you to review these materials:
- VEBA information sheet
- Retirement Planning Checklist
- PEBB and retiree health care webinars
- Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
- Social Security: Online Services
- Social Security: Estimate Your Benefit
Sign up for seminar schedule news
We also offer live webinars
Webinars are 30 to 60 minutes and focus on one topic. Some webinars focus on retirement, while others are for those who are starting their career. These live sessions generally have a smaller group and allow time for your questions.
See all available webinars and register here. Live webinar schedule
Unable to attend a live seminar? View these recorded seminar videos.