Do you have unclaimed funds?

What are unclaimed funds? Unclaimed funds are moneys owed to you that you did not collect or that did not get refunded to you.

Retirement contributions

Are you separated from former Washington public service? If you were a public employee in the past but did not become vested, you may have money remaining in your retirement contributions account. You can check to see if you have a DRS account balance online. If you are still employed in state service, you can check your balance anytime through your online account.

State funds and property

The Washington State Department of Revenue also has a site where you can check to see if funds or property are being held in your name. Funds can come from many places, but common examples are:

  • Old bank accounts
  • Uncashed checks
  • Security deposits
  • Investment accounts
  • Payroll checks
  • Insurance proceeds
  • Customer/patient credits
  • Refunds

A representative from Washington’s Department of Revenue recently joined the DRS Fund Your Future podcast and shared that the average refund is about $130.

Federal unclaimed funds

Funds can also be held at the federal level, and you can check for money owed to you by different agencies by following the links on this website. The site has links for unclaimed funds from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) the Veterans Administration (VA), FHA insurance refunds, unpaid wages, pensions from former private employers and more.

Recent news

Subscribe for more DRS news

More subscription options

Back to Top