Elected or Appointed Official

Retirement plan information for state and local officials

As an elected or governor-appointed official, you are eligible to join a state retirement plan. To earn service credit, most elected positions need to earn at least 90 times the state minimum wage each month. Or you can participate if you are already working in another position with a DRS retirement plan.

To enroll or opt out, complete this membership form. You can enroll at any time during your elected or appointed service. Your contributions will continue until you separate from employment.

Select your plan to find out more.

For assistance with additional plans, contact the DRS elected official team at 800-547-6657, extension 47966.

Back to Top