Employer Advisory Committee
No meetings currently scheduled.
The Employer Advisory Committee (EAC) is an organization of employer representatives, employer service bureau representatives and Retirement Systems staff that makes recommendations and provides feedback to the Department of Retirement Systems and employer management regarding retirement issues
The objectives of the Employer Advisory Committee are to:
- Identify specific employer concerns relating to retirement issues
- Identify specific DRS administrative concerns relating to employer activities
- Identify potential impacts resulting from proposed administrative and/or legislative changes
- Recommend ways to alleviate the impacts of proposed administrative and/or legislative changes
- Recommend ways to improve communications to and from employers, members and DRS
- Provide information about retirement issues to the larger employer community
The Director of the Department of Retirement Systems established the Employer Advisory Committee (EAC) in 1991 to maintain open and ongoing communications between the Department, employers, and employer service bureaus. The Committee was formed out of the Service Credit Advisory Committee, which had been established in 1989 to provide a forum for identifying issues that needed to be addressed prior to implementation of the Service Credit Notification Project.
Committee members are selected by organizations that represent their respective employer group. EAC members represent the following employer groups: Cities, Counties, Community/Technical Colleges, Educational Service districts, Fire Protection Districts, Four Year Colleges/Universities, Ports, Public Utility Districts, School Districts, State Agencies, Washington State Patrol, Service Bureaus and other Districts.
Employer Advisory Committee Members
- Donna Eastham, Washington State Patrol
- John Boesenberg, State Board of Community & Technical Colleges-Information Technology
- Gail Davila, City of Bellevue
- Rachel Gatlin, University of Washington
- Beverly Freeman, Chelan County PUD 01
- Sheryl F. Gordon, Green River College
- Lynn Guyton, Puyallup School District 003
- Tracy Armstrong, Washington School Information Processing Cooperative (WSIPC)
- Darrin Litchfield, WaTech
- Mike Ricchio, Department of Retirement Systems
- Sherry Stroud, King County
- Susan Devine, Department of Social and Health Services
- Chandra Winston, Port of Seattle
- Tess Ylescupidez, Pierce County
For additional information about the Employer Advisory Committee, contact Mike Ricchio.