DRS Notice 22-016, DRS’ Retirement Services Division (RSD) availability
Date: December 27, 2022
Applies to: All Employers
Subject: DRS Notice 22-016, DRS’ Retirement Services Division (RSD) availability
Employees that need to speak to a Retirement Specialist can contact DRS during normal business hours: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday using the toll free line at 800-547-6657 and selecting the appropriate option from the menu.
We are currently experiencing hold times up to 60 minutes during peak calling periods.
For fastest service, please encourage your employees to create and log in to their online retirement account. There is a wealth of information available and most everything can be done via their online account.
Some of the services they can access with an online account include:
- Add and update Beneficiary information
- View their Plan Summary, Employment History and Service Credit Detail
- Use the Benefit Estimator tool to create and view an estimate of the benefit they may receive at retirement
- Access tools to assist with planning for retirement.
- Request an official Estimate when ready to begin the retirement process
- 1099-R Tax Forms
Please do not provide Employer Support’s email address or phone number to your employees. Member questions need to be directed to a Retirement Specialist and DRS Employer Support cannot assist them. If a member calls ESS they will be transferred to RSD for assistance and their call will be answered in the order received.
If you have any questions regarding this DRS Notice, please contact Employer Support Services at 360-664-7200, option 2, or 800-547-6657, option 6, option 2, or email us.